Would you like to work with Land Between the Lakes?

The Untied States Forest Service, an agency of the U.S. Department of Agriculture, offers professional, technical, and career development opportunities for temporary and full time employment, as well as for students and volunteers. A career with the Forest Service will put you on the frontlines of land, wildlife, and resource management. To find out more about exciting career opportunities, please explore the links and information below.

Forest Service

  • The Forest Service offers opportunities for temporary, permanent, and student employment, as well as volunteer opportunities. Please visit the Forest Service jobs website for more information.
  • USA Jobs is the official site for Federal Government employment opportunities, including the Forest Service at Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area. Search jobs, view featured jobs and featured employers, and explore opportunities for a rewarding career.

Friends of Land Between the Lakes

  • The Friends of Land Between the Lakes devotes itself to the continuous improvement and sustainability of Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area. The Friends provide interpretive, informative, and support services and staff North and South Welcome Stations, Golden Pond Visitor Center, Golden Pond Planetarium, the Homeplace 1850s Working Farm, and Woodlands Nature Station.
  • Visit the Friends of Land Between the Lakes’ website for employment opportunities.

Land Between the Lakes Maintenance Contractor

  • For job openings, employment information, and application procedures with the Land Between the Lakes maintenance contractor, please contact Tipton-FSI.

Intern & Apprentice Program

  • Are you a college student or recent college graduate? Land Between the Lakes’ internship and apprenticeship programs are designed to give students and graduates professional experience in a variety of areas. An internship or apprenticeship provides opportunities to work closely with resource professionals, while receiving first-hand experiences in your major field of interest.
  • A wide range of disciplines are available at Land Between the Lakes, including:
    • Recreation Management
    • Environmental Education
    • Interpretation (Living History & Natural History)
    • Forestry
    • Wildlife Management
    • Communications/Public Relations
    • Photography/Graphic Design
    • Heritage/Archaeology
    • Environmental Engineering
    • Business Management
    • Marketing
  • General Intern and Apprentice position requirements: Work location may be in a campground, resident group camp, nature center, living history farm, on trails, a restored prairie, throughout Land Between the Lakes’ 170,000 acres, or in the  administrative office.
  • Intern applicants should have completed at least two years of coursework. Course credit can be arranged through you college or university. Internships last from 10 to 16 weeks. Intern applicants must send a written recommendation from their faculty advisor, resume, and transcript.
  • Apprentice applicants must have at least a Bachelor’s degree and cannot be currently enrolled in school. Apprentice positions last for one year. Apprentice applicants must send a resume and transcript.
  • How to apply: For more information about positions and applying, contact us at 270-924-2000 or by e-mail at [email protected].

Resident Attendants

  • Volunteering as a Resident Attendant (RA) is a great way to become involved with Land Between the Lakes’ recreational stewardship. As an RA you will interact with campground visitors by providing assistance and general information, operate the reservation system, inform visitors of Land Between the Lakes’ campground policies, and various other duties.
  • How to apply: For more information or application procedures, please contact us at by phone at 270-924-2000 or by e-mail at [email protected].


  • Each year, volunteers contribute tens of thousands of hours of service to Land Between the Lakes. Volunteering is an impactful way to have a meaningful and rewarding experience in the great outdoors at Land Between the Lakes.
  • Volunteer activities range from trail maintenance and shoreline cleanups to support of special events, monitoring the Elk & Bison Prairie, photography and creative services, or assisting with administrative work.
  • The Friends of Land Between The Lakes’ Volunteer Coordinator works with volunteers, individually and in groups, to assure their volunteer experience meets their expectations.
  • For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator with the Friends of Land Between the Lakes:
    Email: [email protected]
    Phone: 270-924-2007
    Website: friendsoflbl.org/volunteer

Non-Discrimination Statement

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity, in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA (not all bases apply to all programs). Remedies and complaint filing deadlines vary by program or incident.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the responsible Agency or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program discrimination complaint, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, AD-3027, found online at How to File a Program Discrimination Complaint and at any USDA office or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email: [email protected].

USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer, and lender.