Blog post by Bill Futrell
Lead Interpreter, Golden Pond Planetarium
Friends of Land Between The Lakes
Golden Pond Planetarium Has An All-New Projection System!
The SkyExplorer Digital Planetarium Software by RSA Cosmos/Konica Minolta combined with 2k Hi-Resolution Laser Projection system by Barco is now operational at Golden Pond Visitor Center, delivering …
The Best Resolution | High Level of Brightness | Leading Contrast Ratio
RSACOSMOS and Konica Minolta provide the best rendering capacities and deliver the most realistic image quality for an immersive experience throughout the domed theater. Some of the key features with this new system include:
- Tailor made projection designs by their R&D team in France
- Powerful light source: Laser Phosphor & RGB Laser
- Up to 60K lumens
- Bright colors & outstanding blending
- Deep black colors & bright light colors
- Precise outlines for all objects
- An exceptional starry sky rendering
- Geometric alignment, fully customizable, with precise adjustments
The realization of the project and its completion is the result of the Friends of Land Between the Lakes‘ successful “Keep The Stars Shining” campaign. With individual donations and the generous support of Pepsi Mid-America, the Golden Pond Planetarium will remain a valuable resource in the region for environmental education with key programming in space science and new offerings in geoscience.
Ready to catch a show among the stars and check out the projector in person? Shows are offered daily. See the program schedule on our Golden Pond Planetarium webpage.