Go Native with Nature!
Gaze into the eyes of a great horned owl, howl with a coyote, or watch for the elusive red wolf in our Backyard Exhibit Area. Then, explore with us during one of our many guided programs. Little ones will love special days such as Cool Critters Day, story time programs, and up-close animal encounters. Adults can take part in programs on wildlife, gardening, and nature photography. Secretly, our adult visitors delight in our children’s programs — even ones without kids. Our naturalists make learning fun!
Take a Walk on the Wildlife Side
Our naturalists offer fun and educational programs to help you discover our native animals, wildlife habitats, native plants and gardens, and conservation efforts. Check out our calendar of events on this page, or call us to find out which animals, insects, plants, or habitat we will feature the day of your visit: 270-924-2299.
Staff and Guest Guided Tours
- Eagle Cruises and Van Tours | December-February
- Summer Outreach Programs | May-August
- Sunset Canoe Trips | May-September
- Kayak Tours | May-October
- Photo Tours | Throughout the year
- Trail and Nature Watch Intros | Throughout the year
- Outreach Programs | Year-round
- Birthday Parties | Year-round
- Please note that the Nature Station will no longer be renting canoes and kayaks. Guided canoe and kayak programs at the Nature Station will continue. Kayak and canoe rentals are available seasonally (weather dependent) at Energy Lake Campground.
Bring the Nature Station to You
Did you know that you can bring the Woodlands Nature Station to your site with educational outreach programs? Live animals, natural history, event booths, and more! Programs feature rescued, native wildlife and can be offered in-person or virtual. Naturalists can travel up to 80 miles. Prices start at $195. Learn more.
Volunteer with the Nature Station
The Forest Service partners with Friends of Land Between the Lakes to bring you the interpretive programs, wildlife care, and trained naturalists at the Nature Station. The Nature Station Gift Shop supports these efforts. To volunteer, call 270-924-2007. To find out more about our Friends Group and other volunteer opportunities, visit the Friends of Land Between the Lakes site.
Special Events 2022
All tours require registration.
To sign up, call 270-924-2020
- January 28, 1-4pm | Eagle Viewing Van Tour
- January 29, 1-4pm | Eagle Viewing Van Tour
- February 4, 1-4pm | Eagle Viewing Van Tour
- February 5, 1-4pm | Eagle Viewing Van Tour
- February 11, 1-4pm | Road Less Traveled Van Tour
- February 18, 1-4pm | Road Less Traveled Van Tour