See Alerts page for road closure information.
Hunting is a popular recreational activity and is an integral part of our wildlife management program at Land Between the Lakes. In the absence of large predators, hunting helps to maintain healthy populations of such species as white-tailed deer.
With thousands of acres teeming with game and over 300 miles of undeveloped shoreline, Land Between the Lakes offers an impressive variety of hunting opportunities and more than 250 days a year of in-season hunting. Hunters will find white-tailed deer, wild turkey, squirrels, and other forest game species abundant.
We offer annual spring turkey and squirrel hunts, fall/winter hunts for deer, waterfowl, and a variety of small game species. Hunters can also enjoy a variety of camping choices, from the convenience of our developed campgrounds to the rustic adventure of camping in our back-country areas. Many hunters bring their families and stay in one of the area resorts.
For more detailed hunting information, call us at 270.924.2065 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
All hunters must have a Land Between the Lakes Hunter Use Permit and applicable state licenses, ie; Must hunt in Kentucky if hunter possesses a Kentucky state license.
To hunt deer with firearms, hunters must apply during the month of July and be drawn for a quota deer hunt permit. To hunt during the first several days of spring turkey season, hunters must apply during February and be drawn for a quota turkey hunt permit.
The Annual Land Between the Lakes Hunter Use Permit is valid March 1 through February 28 and available at Welcome Stations, Visitor Center, and anywhere Kentucky and Tennessee State hunting licenses are sold:
$25 Hunter Use Permit (age 16 and older)
$35 Hunter Use and Basic Camping Combo
Quota hunt application online $5 fee.
Deer hunt dates for 2017-18 season at Land Between the Lakes:
Youth Quota Hunt – Oct 28-29
Adult Quota Hunt – Nov 18-19
Archery Season Dates
- Sept 23 – Oct 26
- Oct 30 – Nov 16
- Nov 20 – Jan 7
Crossbow Season Dates
- Oct 1-22
- Nov 11-16
- Nov 20 – Dec 31
Youth Quota Hunt – Oct 21-22
Adult Quota Hunts – Nov 10-11 and Nov 25-26
Archery/Crossbow Season Dates
- Sep 23 – Oct 19
- Oct 23 – Nov 8
- Nov 12 – Nov 23
- Nov 27 – Jan 7
- 2017-2018 Small Game, Waterfowl and Trapping Fact Sheet
- All trappers must possess a Hunter Use Permit and a Trapping Permit plus the appropriate state trapping license.
- 2017 Trapping Permit Application must be received by Thursday, December 15, 2016.
- Print, complete, sign, and mail 2017 Trapping Permit Application to:
USDA Forest Service-Land Between the Lakes
Attn: Trapping Application
100 Van Morgan Drive
Golden Pond, KY 42211
- Or scan and email completed, signed form to: email@example.com
- 2017 Trapping Report Form for Land Between the Lakes This form must be printed and carried throughout the season for reporting purposes and mailed to the address above at the end of the season.
Small Game and Waterfowl Hunting
Kentucky and Tennessee Quota Hunts:
- April 8-9, Youth hunt
- Kentucky: For hunters under age 16
- Tennessee: For hunters 6-16 years old
- April 11-12, Adult hunt
- April 15-16, Adult hunt
Kentucky Non-quota Hunt Season:
- April 17-April 30
Tennessee Non-quota Hunt Season:
- April 17-23 and April 24-30