Come on out and cool off at Land Between the Lakes!
Designated Backcountry Camping Areas may be used by visitors for a swim in either Kentucky or Barkley Lakes. Many areas have picnic tables and campfire rings in these camping and day use areas.
Swim at your own risk
- No lifeguards anywhere on Land Between the Lakes.
- Swimming at boat ramps and courtesy docks is prohibited.
- With rocky shorelines, we encourage the use of water shoes
Only campers can use campground swimming beaches in Hillman, Energy, and Piney.
Moss Creek Day Use Area on the north end of Land Between the Lakes has consistently been our most popular swimming area. Here you will find a few picnic tables and grills on a pebble beach on Kentucky Lake. This is a perfect place to relax or picnic with friends and family. Moss Creek is open seasonally, April 1 and will stay open in 2016 until October 31.
Pick up our recreation map and navigate down our legal roads to the water. The map folds easily into your pocket and only costs $3.
Places to swim North of Golden Pond
- Sugar Bay Backcountry Area
- Taylor Bay Backcountry Area
- Birmingham Ferry Backcountry Area
- Smith Bay Backcountry Area
- Pisgah Point Backcountry Area
- Demumbers Bay Backcountry Area
- Twin Lakes Backcountry Area
- Moss Creek Day Use Area (Open April 1-October 31, 2016)
- Nickell Branch Backcountry Area
- Devil’s Elbow Day Use Area
Places to swim South of Golden Pond
- Redd Hollow Backcountry Area
- Neville Bay Backcountry Area
- Ginger Bay Backcountry Area
- Gatlin Point near ramp on Barkley
- Grays Landing Day Use Area