In order to provide a fun and safe recreation experience for all visitors, Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area has accessible features at each of the large developed campgrounds, visitor center and welcome stations, and day use facilities. If you have questions about accessibility, please contact us at 270-924-2000 or 800-525-7077.
Developed Campgrounds Accessibility Information
- Hillman Ferry Campground: There are five accessible campsites and four accessible toilet/shower buildings at Hillman Ferry Campground. The campsites are located in close proximity to the shower buildings. The shelter building is also accessible. The Outpost and paved trail can be accessed by persons with disabilities. Accessible features may be found throughout the campground, such as fire rings and picnic tables.
- Piney Campground: Piney Campground features eleven accessible campsites and eight accessible toilet/shower buildings. The campsites are located in close proximity to the shower buildings. The Outpost is also accessible. Accessible features may be found throughout the campground, such as fire rings and picnic tables.
- Energy Lake Campground: There are four accessible campsites and three toilet/shower buildings at Energy Lake Campground. The campsites are located in close proximity to the shower buildings.
- Wranglers Campground: Wranglers has one accessible campsite and one accessible shower. The campsite is located in close proximity to the shower building. There are two accessible horse mounting ramps. In addition, there are approximately 30 accessible fire rings and picnic tables throughout the campground. There are also two accessible vault toilets.
North Welcome Station- North End Paved Trail: There is a 2-mile paved trail which runs between the North Welcome Station and Hillman Ferry Campground Road, parallel to the Woodlands Trace National Scenic Byway. Parking is available at the North Welcome Station parking lot. The trail can be accessed on the south end of the North Welcome Station.
Accessible Facilities and Attractions
- Brandon Spring Group Center: Brandon Spring offers six accessible dormitories. The center provides the perfect atmosphere for all your overnight group gatherings. Call 931-232-7405 for more information.
- Turkey Bay Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) Area features an accessible gatehouse and vault toilet building.
- Elk & Bison Prairie is accessible in a closed vehicle.
- South Bison Range is accessible as is the nearby Great Western Furnace.
- Golden Pond Visitor Center and Planetarium: The Visitor Center, Pavilion, Planetarium, and Observatory are accessible.
- North and South Welcome Stations are both accessible.
- Homeplace 1850s Working Farm: The main entrance building (includes the museum and gift shop) is accessible. The trail to the farm and the farm itself offers a flat, concrete surface for persons with disabilities and ramps into the Double and Single Pen homes. To confirm or if you have questions, please call 931-232-6457.
- Woodlands Nature Station: The main entrance building (includes gift shop and indoor animal exhibits) is accessible. The backyard trail and outdoor animal exhibits can be challenging as it sits on a slope. If you have questions, please call 270-924-2299.
Accessible Vault Toilet Buildings